iii v1.1.1 update!
I'm very happy to bring you the v1.1.1 update of iii!
iii is a little "catroidvania" about a one-eyed cat leaving his comfort zone. Explore underground caverns, gain vision of other dimensions, help the inhabitants, and expand your horizons.
This update polishes up a few of the loose ends 1.1.0 had, and completely revamps the bat's behavior.
- Bat AI overhaul.
- Bats now ignore the world, and will fly straight to the player.
- Bats are now harder to kill as a result.
- A dynamic point of interest camera system.
- This will shift the camera towards any items, npcs, eyes, or checkpoints you might be near.
- Created a small inventory system that shows you what current items you have.
- New item & power up sprites.
- Each sprite also got a larger version of itself for the obtaining animation sequence.
- A slight nerf to the player's light range.
- This allows for points of interest to be seen easier, as they all emit their own light.
- Small map tweaks.
- Abigail & Suzy's old house was added near Jeff.
- Barriers have been added that will nudge the player into a specific dimension so they can find items and places easier.
As a super quick side note, I would like to give a shoutout over to iii's speedrunning community over at speedrun.com! They've all been blasting through iii, finding crazy ways to get the best time possible! As of this post, fishmcmuffins holds the best times in both Any% and 100%! If you want, you can take a look at his super quick run below!
When developing v1.1.1, I tried my hardest to leave in all and any skips/shortcuts. With the new bat AI, it should be possible to beat the game faster than it was in v1.1.0. Thank you all for speedrunning iii, and I hope this update will be as fun for you as it was for me making it!
- Yukon W.